12.0149 new on WWW

Sat, 1 Aug 1998 21:33:21 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk> (18)
Subject: Internet Public Library

[2] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (67)
Subject: BEST PRACTICES: LIBRARY OF CONGRESS PAPER: "DIGITAL
FORMATS FOR CONTENT REPRODUCTIONS"

[3] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (25)
Subject: JTAP 'Virtual Seminars': Three reports

[4] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (54)
Subject: "SKETCHING THE FUTURE OF COPYRIGHT IN A NETWORKED
WORLD"

[5] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (71)
Subject: Digitisation Forum Online

Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:03:20 +0100 (BST)
From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk>

Humanists will be interested to know about and to explore the (American)
Internet Public Library, <http://www.ipl.org/>, whose purpose is to "serve
the public by finding, evaluating, selecting, organizing, describing, and
creating quality information resources; develop and provide services for our
community with an awareness of the different needs of young people; create a
strong, coherent sense of place on the Internet, while ensuring that our
library remains a useful and consistently innovative environment as well as
fun and easy to use; work with others, especially other libraries and
librarians, on projects which will help us all learn more about what does
and does not work in this environment; uphold the values important to
librarians, in particular those expressed in the Library Bill of Rights."

WM

Dr. Willard McCarty
Senior Lecturer, Centre for Computing in the Humanities
King's College London / Strand / London WC2R 2LS
+44 (0)171 873 2784 voice; 873 5081 fax
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/wlm/
maui gratia