12.0129 paper -> e-editions? abbreviations & acronyms?

Thu, 16 Jul 1998 08:20:15 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: cbf@socrates.berkeley.edu (11)
Subject: Paper > electronic editions

[2] From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk> (57)
Subject: abbreviations

Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 22:36:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: cbf@socrates.berkeley.edu

Does anyone have experience with the problems involved in converting a
large-scale, multi-volume scholarly edition, originally conceived of as a
purely print product, to an electronic format?

I am not concerned with the retrospective conversion, as the librarians
call it, of volumes that have already appeared in print, but rather with
the problem of converting procedures and formats originally designed for
print publication to those suitable for either CD-ROM or web publication.

Many thanks,

Charles Faulhaber Department of Spanish UC Berkeley, CA 94720-2590
(510) 642-3781 FAX (510) 642-7589 cbf@socrates.berkeley.edu