Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:58:04 -0400
From: Lorna Hughes <email@example.com>
Subject: Arts Technology position at NYU
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT - PLEASE POST
MULTIMEDIA ARTIST / DIGITAL FILMMAKER / TECHNICIAN
The Arts Technology Group at NYU's Academic Computing Facility operates
several digital studios for student and faculty artists working in film
and video, music, animation, photography, fine art, performance, and
interactive multimedia. Our resources will soon include:
* a high-end Macintosh based studio for digital video and audio production
* several Media 100 based nonlinear editing suites
* an SGI based 3D animation classroom with broadcast quality video recording
* tools for web and CD-ROM (and later DVD) multimedia creation
* resources for web based streaming media and videoconferencing for artists
* an advanced digital imaging studio (with high res film scanning & recording,
art quality printers, and a prepress workflow/ColorSync environment)
We are seeking a person who is both an active film, video, and/or
multimedia artist, as well as an energetic computer technician, to help
maintain these facilities and to assist others with their use. The
successful candidate will meet the following prerequisites:
* A B.A. in a Film program with a significant computer related component,
or a B.A. in an arts program with a significant digital video or multimedia
component, or equivalent experience. Strong preference will be given to those
with graduate degrees.
* A reel, CD-ROM, web site, portfolio, or other record of significant artistic
accomplishment using computers, new media, and digital production tools.
* Strong writing skills and the ability to assist students and faculty.
* Strong to moderate Macintosh and/or Windows 95/NT technical skills,
including the ability to install and troubleshoot applications, system
software, servers, SCSI devices, PCI cards, memory, and other hardware.
* Strong technical and artistic skills with as many of the following as
possible: Media 100, Avid, or other digital video systems, professional
film and video equipment, professional audio equipment, Macromedia and
Java applet programming.
Any experience with Silicon Graphics systems, UNIX, and related
software for animation, multimedia, and motion picture production would be
helpful, but is not required. Interested candidates should send a resume,
three references, and a salary history to:
Academic Computing Facility
New York University
251 Mercer Street
New York, NY 10012
Please do not call by telephone.
Please do not send any items which require return.
ascii-only information may be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
New York University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Philip Galanter New York University phone: 212-998-3041
Associate Director 251 Mercer fax: 212-995-4120
for Arts Technology New York, NY 10012 internet: email@example.com
N Y U A c a d e m i c C o m p u t i n g F a c i l i t y
Info, resources, art gallery, and more... http://www.nyu.edu/atg/
Humanist Discussion Group
Information at <http://www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/>