12.0026 survey: categories for humanities computing

Thu, 14 May 1998 15:36:11 +0100 (BST)

Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 15:31:14 +0100 (BST)
From: Jan Christoph Meister <fs6a029@uni-hamburg.de>
Subject: Survey

CATEGORIES FOR HUMANITIES COMPUTING SURVEY
Members of our research group are in the process of planning an overall
survey of humanities computing activities in research, teaching and text
edition in the German speaking countries. The survey is intended to cover
all humanities disciplines, as well as neighbouring disciplines in the
social sciences.
At this stage we are compiling a catalogue of categories and questions to b=
included in a questionnaire. The function of this questionnaire is a) to
determine the scope, profile, methodology, institutional backing etc. of th=
various individual projects b) to gather data for a quantitative analysis o=
activities in order to highlight major trends in humanities computing in th=
German speaking countries.
We would greatly appreciate input from colleagues who have either conducted
similar surveys in the past and/or who would want to bring certain aspects
normally not covered in such surveys to our attention. Apart from
suggestions for categories and questions to be included in our catalogue, a=
well as referrals to similar compilations already in existence any
information on experiences gathered in the process of conducting such
surveys - obviously constituting an important part of humanities computing
activities themselves - would be of great help.
Please e-mail any suggestions or responses to

Jan-C-Meister@RRZ.Uni-Hamburg.de

Thanks!

Jan Christoph Meister
Arbeitsstelle f=FCr Sozialgeschichte der Literatur
Universit=E4t Hamburg
Literaturwissenschaftliches Seminar
von Melle Park 6
20146 Hamburg, Germany

Tel (+49) 40 - 4123 5402

Humanist Discussion Group=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D