12.0016 database bill vote (U.S.)

Wed, 13 May 1998 19:40:13 +0100 (BST)

Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 09:30:49 -0800
From: David Green <david@ninch.org>
Subject: Database Bill Vote Today--Tues May 12

NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
May 12, 1998

As many of you will already know, the controversial "Collection of
Information Antipiracy Act" (H.R. 2652) is being voted on today. This will
create an entirely new body of protected material that can not be protected
under copyright law and will result in more material being taken out of the
public domain.

I reproduce two "calls-to-action" from the American Library Association and
the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

David
=====

Humanist Discussion Group