12.0014 distance teaching

Sun, 10 May 1998 22:26:42 +0100 (BST)

Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 17:24:27 -0700
From: Jascha Kessler <jkessler@ucla.edu>
Subject: re LDL

If only at least we could get THEM to get it straight. There is not much
to what is called Long Distance Learning, since we cannot know much about
it that is different from the correspondence course mills of the world who
take money, but what is gained by the pupil?

I have tried to tell people that it would be more accurate, and truthful,
to call the process Long Distance Teaching, or LDT. But I get blank stares
from people in person, and silence over the cyber vacuum.

Administrators may be willing to commit fraud to get bucks to feather
their fowl nests, but truth is truth, sometimes.

Cordially,
Jascha Kessler

Jascha Kessler
Professor of English & Modern Literature
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES
Department of English
Box 951530
Los Angeles, California 90095-1530