11.0696 new Oxford Text Archive site

Thu, 16 Apr 1998 20:51:14 +0100 (BST)

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 14:57:05 +0100 (BST)
From: Oxford Text Archive <archive@sable.ox.ac.uk>
Subject: Testers wanted for new OTA website

The Oxford Text Archive is launching a state-of-the-art web service later
in the year, reflecting our new status as a Service Provider for the UK's
national Arts and Humanities Data Service.

Before this web site goes live, we need feedback from all types of user.
So whether you are new to electronic text or an expert in the field, we
invite you to visit our site and use our feedback form to tell us what you
think.

As always, the OTA's homepage remains

http://ota.ahds.ac.uk/

but throughout this period of testing, users will have the option
to visit either our current site, or our new experimental service.

NB.in order to fully appreciate this service, we recommend that you use
either Netscape Navigator 4 or IE 3 (or better).

Features of the new OTA site include:

- an online catalogue of all our texts, whether online or offline
- a facility to create a corpus of texts
- a download facility for TEI encoded texts that allows you to
choose from a variety of different formats
- online tools to help you preparing your texts in SGML
- a listing of future events, as well as papers from previous
workshops and conferences.
- a FAQ, based on the OTA's 22 years of operation.
- a search tool and site map to help you find your way around the site
- an SGML software repository
- "Guides to Good Practice" on the creation and documentation of
electronic texts (in preparation)

-------
Oxford Text Archive
http://ota.ahds.ac.uk