11.0639 CFPs

Wed, 11 Mar 1998 23:33:33 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: "Nancy M. Ide" <ide@cs.vassar.edu> (69)
Subject: CALL FOR PAPERS: Comuters and the Humanities

[2] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (140)
Subject: 2nd CFP NLP+IA'98

[3] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (66)
Subject: CFP: 'Literary and Linguistic Computing'

Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 14:33:49 -0500
From: "Nancy M. Ide" <ide@cs.vassar.edu>

CALL FOR PAPERS CALL FOR PAPERS CALL FOR PAPERS

COMPUTERS AND THE HUMANITIES

For over thirty years, Computers and the Humanities (CHum) has been
the premier international journal for publications on language, text,
and humanities-related research.

Starting with the publication of volume 31, CHum is taking on a new
look, with a new cover and format, together with a new editorial staff
representing areas across the variety of disciplines covered by the
journal. In addition to continuing to publish top-quality articles
covering all kinds of textual analysis, corpus studies, and language
and literary analysis, we are actively seeking to extend our scope to
cover the full range of materials which are available for research in
humanities disciplines, including images, sound, speech data, etc.

We invite the submission of high-quality articles describing research
concerning the creation, representation, and maintenance of text
resources and other media, as well as descriptions of methodologies
and results of research using such materials, including statistical
and symbolic methods, strategies for information storage and
retrieval, etc. In keeping with Chum's long tradition of fostering
inter-disiplinary work, we also encourage submission of articles
involving multi-lingual and/or multi-modal applications and research.

We extend a special invitation for articles which survey the current
state-of-the-art in any relevant area. Such articles should provide an
overview of past and recent work, an assessment of the current
achievements and directions for future research, and a full
bibliography which may serve as a reference for those interested in
the field. For a recent example, see "Current Approaches to
Punctuation in Computational Linguistics", B. Say and V. Akman, Chum
30:6 (1996).

In addition to publishing full-length research articles, CHum also
publishes a section on Reports and Discussion, which includes shorter
articles reporting on projects, intermediate results, or discussing
relevant issues. Contributions to this section are also solicited.

For information about Computers and the Humanities and article
submission procedures, consult

http://www.wkap.nl/

COMPUTERS AND THE HUMANITIES
----------------------------

Editorial Staff

Editors-in-chief:
Nancy Ide, Vassar College, USA
Daniel Greenstein, King's College, UK

Resource Review Editor:
Elli Mylonas, Brown University, USA

Board of Commissioning Editors:

Sheila Anderson, University of Essex, UK
Stephen Arnold, Glasgow University, UK
R.H. Baayen, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, The
Netherlands
David T. Barnard, University of Regina, Canada
Christian Delcourt, Universite de Liege, Belgium
Richard Giordano, University of Manchester, UK
Claus Huitfeldt, University of Bergen, Norway
Judith L. Klavans, Columbia University, USA
John Lavagnino, Brown University, USA
Kirk Martinez, Birkbeck College, UK
Mark Olsen, University of Chicago, USA
Philip Resnik, University of Maryland, USA
Julian Richards, York University, UK
Laurent Romary, Centre de Recherche en Informatique de Nancy, France
Dan Tufis, Romanian Academy of Sciences, Romania
Syun Tutiya, Chiba University, Japan
John Unsworth, University of Virginia, USA;
Ellen Voorhees, National Institute for Standards and Technology, USA