11.0551 WordNet 1.6 available

Sun, 1 Feb 1998 16:46:00 +0000 (GMT)

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:07:24 +0000
From: Wordnet <wn@clarity.Princeton.EDU>
Subject: WordNet 1.6 PC package

****** WordNet 1.6 is now available for PC users. ******

You can download version 1.6 from either our Web site or FTP site:

Web - http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/~wn/obtain/
FTP - ftp.cogsci.princeton.edu

To FTP WordNet use anonymous FTP. You must specify your email address
as the password. WordNet 1.6 is in the directory "pub/wordnet". The
file is "wn16pc.exe". The package is a self extracting archive - just
run it. Then read the file "INSTALL.txt" for installation
instructions.

You should first download and read the file "README" for information
about the release, including disk space requirements. You can also
download "INSTALL.pc", which is the same as "INSTALL.txt" in the PC
package.

If you are in Europe, you can download WordNet from our mirror site in
Germany: ftp.ims.uni-stuttgart.de.

We expect to release the Macintosh versions in a few weeks. I will
send mail again when it is released, and will update information on
the Web site.

The WordNet Web site is found at http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/~wn/.

Please remember to send e-mail to wordnet@princeton.edu when you
download or upgrade WordNet. Include the package name and the
computer platform you are using. If you are upgrading, please
indicate this so I don't add you to the user database again. Feel
free to include any words of thanks or praise, as well :-)

Send e-mail with problem or questions to the same address. I am
totally swamped (and only work part-time), so I will only answer mail
that asks reasonable questions, and even these may take a few days.

Happy WordNetting!

Regards-
randee tengi

Humanist Discussion Group