11.0481 perl and programming

Wed, 24 Dec 1997 14:32:20 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: David Halsted <halsted@h-net.msu.edu> (12)
Subject: Re: 11.0478 perl is what you want

[2] From: Leo Robert Klein <kleinl@is2.nyu.edu> (29)

[3] From: Don Wilkins <dwilkins@ucr.campus.mci.net> (30)

[4] From: Eric Johnson <johnsone@jupiter.dsu.edu> (12)
Subject: Programming for the Humanities

Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 18:01:58 -0500
From: David Halsted <halsted@h-net.msu.edu>

Well, the reason I asked about the Perl book was that I suspect many
humanists won't see immediately how even (the excellent) _Learning Perl_
applies to their work, or could apply to their work. Seems to me that
there's rather a dearth of computer books aimed at people in the Humanities
and social sciences. Is this impression shared by others?

Dave Halsted
H-Net MSU