11.0468 Qsumming of Marlowe wins prize

Tue, 16 Dec 1997 09:06:26 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: Qsums <Qsums@aol.com> (10)
Subject: Attributing Authorship (Marlowe/Shakespeare)

[2] From: Qsums <Qsums@aol.com> (7)
Subject: PS to Attributing Authorship (Marlowe/Shakespeare)

Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 11:14:35 EST
From: Qsums <Qsums@aol.com>

"Attributing Marlowe and Shakespeare" is the title of an essay by Jill
Farringdon which has just been selected at the winner of the 1997 Calvin and
Rose Hoffman Prize for Distinguished publication on Christopher Marlowe. The
essay focuses on attributing the two playwrights by the technique of cusum
analysis (Qsum). Qsum is a method for attributing utterance, both spoken and
written, and fully explained in ANALYSING FOR AUTHORSHIP (University of Wales
Press, 1996) of which Jill Farringdon is principal author. A simple
introduction to the method, illustrated by letters of D.H. Lawrence, is
available at http://members.aol.com/qsums