11.0284 Marlowe; corpus encoding review

Mon, 22 Sep 1997 20:59:45 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@parallel.park.uga.edu> (14)
Subject: new electronic edition of Marlowe

[2] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@parallel.park.uga.edu> (11)
Subject: Corpus Encoding - A User Review

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:07:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@parallel.park.uga.edu>

>> From: Greg Crane <gcrane@perseus.tufts.edu>

NEW SITE FOR CHRISTOPHER MARLOWE:
http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/Texts/Marlowe.html

Editor: Hilary Binda (hbinda@perseus.tufts.edu)

Last spring we released an edition of Doctor Faustus that interlinked the
A and the B texts along with the English Faust Book. This month we would
like to announce an electronic edition of the rest of Marlowe's works. This
edition is of interest, in part, because it collates many earlier editions
of the plays: for instance, users may select the 1590 Octavo version of
Tamburlaine the Great, Part 1 or view instead Robinson's 1826 collation. By
selecting from the pop-up menu above each text, viewers may choose
between approximately twenty versions of each of Marlowe's works. We
anticipate that every text will be available for viewing with textual
variants within the next couple of weeks.

PLEASE REPOST