11.0259 leading-edge questions

Thu, 11 Sep 1997 22:13:46 +0100 (BST)

Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 16:06:17 -0500
From: Gary Shawver <gshawver@chass.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Re: 11.0257 electronic publishing

Willard noted:

Faced with the prospect soon of talking to the seemingly ubiquitous subject,
electronic publishing, I've been wondering quite a bit recently what
questions are blowing about at the horizon of our knowledge and experience. etc

What, then, are the big questions we should all be paying attention to?

How about how information and knowledge is "authorised"? If we move to a
world in which anyone can publish anything to a world-wide audience (we're not
there yet by a long shot), how do we go about establishing guidelines for the
reliability of such information?

gary

Humanist Discussion Group