11.0232 UNESCO World Information Report

Wed, 13 Aug 1997 21:26:31 +0100 (BST)

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 11:39:52 -0400
From: David Green <david@cni.org>
Subject: Update on UNESCO WORLD INFORMATION REPORT

NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
August 13, 1997

As I have received a number of calls, resulting from the July 30 NINCH
ANNOUNCEMENT posting, asking how to obtain a copy of the UNESCO WORLD
INFORMATION REPORT, I thought I would clarify a few points.

"UNESCO WORLD INFORMATION REPORT
1997, 390 pp., 21 x 30 cm
ISBN: 92-3-103341-7
Price: 275 FF

"Written by leading experts from around the world, this first World
Information Report provides a global and topical picture of archive,
library and information services in the five continents and addresses the
most challenging issues that
they face at the dawn of the twenty-first century.
Publié également en français :
Rapport mondial sur l'information 1997/98
ISBN 92-3-203341-0 / 275 FF

* The above UNESCO WORLD INFORMATION REPORT may be ordered directly online
(by mailing or faxing in an order form) at:
<http://www.unesco.org/publishing/jp2.html>

* The Report may be obtained in the U.S. from the two official UNESCO
distribution centers:
1. Bernan Associates
(ex UNIPUB), 4611-F Assembly Drive, Lanham, MD 20706-4391,
tel. : 1 800-274-4447, fax : (301) 459-0056 .

2. United Nations Bookshop
General Assembly Building, New York, NY 10017,
tel. : (212) 963 76 80, fax : (1-212) 963 4910,
e-mail : bookshop@un.org.

* If necessary, the Report may be ordered directly from UNESCO Publishing
in Paris: UNESCO Publishing, Promotion and Sales Division, 1, rue Miollis
F - 75732 Paris Cedex 15 France; Fax: +33 01 45 68 57 41; E-Mail:
c.laje@unesco.org. Details of how to order and pay may be found at
<http://www.unesco.org/general/eng/publish/order2.html>

* An introduction, overview and description of the chapter authors is
available at <http://www.unesco.org/webworld/wirerpt/report.htm>

* Ten of the Report's 27 chapters are available online at the above URL
(see NINCH homepage for links to three of the chapters of most interest to
the cultural community: <http://www.ninch-cni.org>)

David L. Green
Executive Director
NATIONAL INITIATIVE FOR A NETWORKED CULTURAL HERITAGE
21 Dupont Circle, NW
Washington DC 20036
www-ninch.cni.org
david@cni.org
202/296-5346 202/872-0886 fax

See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at
<http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>.

Humanist Discussion Group