11.0029 Einstein's Brain? PhD programmes in ling/lit

Tue, 13 May 1997 19:35:45 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: "Sarah L. Higley" <slhi@troi.cc.rochester.edu> (21)
Subject: Einstein's Brain

[2] From: alan harris <vcspc005@email.csun.edu> (34)
Subject: SEMCOM: Ph.D. programs in Lx & Lit (fwd)

Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 12:51:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Sarah L. Higley" <slhi@troi.cc.rochester.edu>

Given the recent discussions of Deep Blue, chess-players, and AI, I
thought I'd come in again from left field and ask another question about
getting a famous picture of a famous scientist, since you were all so
helpful about Edison as Wizard. This time, I'm looking frantically to get
permission to reproduce that well-known photo of Albert Einstein, lying
prone, his head hooked up to electrodes. This was taken apparently during
an experiment conducted to see whether the brain waves of a genius would
register differently from that of ordinary mortals. I've seen the picture
a million times on posters, Roland Barthes describes it in "The Brain of
Einstein," but I need to know who owns this photograph so that I can write
to get permission to reproduce it. Again, please respond privately.

slhi@troi.cc.rochester.edu

Many thanks!

Sarah L. Higley slhi@troi.cc.rochester.edu
Associate Professor of English office: (716) 275-9261
The University of Rochester fax: (716) 442-5769
Rochester NY, 14627
Py dydwc glein / O erddygnawt vein?
"What brings a gem from a hard stone?" Book of Taliesin