11.0021 memory? advice for a course?

Mon, 12 May 1997 22:16:45 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk> (10)
Subject: bloopers and memory

[2] From: Claire Warwick <claire.warwick@computing- (37)
services.oxford.ac.uk>
Subject: proposed hypertext course

Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 16:39:51 +0100
From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk>

Rumour (from the discussion group Ficino) has it that Lewis Lapham's article
on student bloopers in the April issue of Harper's Magazine, "The Spanish
Armadillo", contains a good discussion of the effects of technology on
cultural memory. Perhaps someone here who happens to have this issue to hand
might be moved to report on Lapham's analysis?

WM
Dr. Willard McCarty, Senior Lecturer, King's College London
voice: +44 (0)171 873 2784 fax: +44 (0)171 873 5801
e-mail: Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/kis/schools/hums/ruhc/wlm/