10.0734 serious content analysis

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 21:44:36 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: Haradda@aol.com (7)
Subject: Re: 10.0728 serious content analysis

[2] From: David Hoover <hoover@is.nyu.edu> (25)
Subject: Re: 10.0723 a Serious Request

--[1]----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 20:48:02 -0500 (EST)
From: Haradda@aol.com

You could drop the scrips into a folio infobase file have the computer do a
shadow file of the key words. Assign some sort of value on the numerical
"hits" for words that are on your prohibited list or found within a certain
range of other words on your list. You would have something like wha the
content watch groups do now in the U.S. You would make your determination
on how many times "gun" would appear in the script or profanities or type of
violence. You wouldn't need a A.I. program to do that.