10.0718 Cartesian coordinates

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 09:09:24 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: John Unsworth <jmu2m@virginia.edu> (32)
Subject: Re: 10.0712 TACT problem? Cartesian questions?

[2] From: Lou Burnard <lou@vax.ox.ac.uk> (28)

--[1]----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 11:47:41 -0500
From: John Unsworth <jmu2m@virginia.edu>

Leaving aside the problem that the browser would have to be modified
to read these coordinates, I think there's a larger problem here, namely
that the x,y coordinates would change if the document were resized by
the browser. It would seem to me that the only reliable way to specify
this kind of location would be with a different set of coordinates that
referred to the beginning and ending characters, specified as an offset
number counted from the beginning of the file (counting tags? not counting
tags? Dunno).

John Unsworth / Director, IATH / Dept. of English
http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu/~jmu2m/