10.0712 TACT problem? Cartesian questions?

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 18:53:31 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: Elisabeth.Burr@unidui.uni-duisburg.de (21)
Subject: Urgent Help needed with TACT 2.1

[2] From: Francois Lachance <lachance@chass.utoronto.ca> (30)
Subject: Cartesian Delight

--[1]----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:39:01 +0100
From: Elisabeth.Burr@unidui.uni-duisburg.de

Dear Humanists,

TACT 2.1, according to the Manual offers the possibility to
exclude text from queries by negating references with ~ (Tilde),

i.e.

a Query like:

love ; when ~ speaker Volp

should look for all instances of "love" except those appearing
in texts tagged as speaches of Volpone.

But it does not work.

As I have relied on this facility when tagging my corpus of
Romance languages and as I have to get my analysis going by
all means, please, could anyone help me solve this problem.

Thank you all very much in advance
Elisabeth Burr
Dr. phil. Elisabeth Burr
FB 3/Romanistik
Gerhard Mercator Universitaet-GH Duisburg
Lotharstrasse 65
47048 Duisburg
Tel.: +49 203 3792605
fax: +49 203 3792612