10.0048 converting to HTML

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Wed, 22 May 1996 18:23:31 -0400 (EDT)

[1] From: "Larry A. Taylor" <ltaylor@kaiwan.com> (27)
Subject: Re: 10.042 posting a text?

> [1] From: bobevans@strudel.aum.edu (16)
> >

>Dear Colleagues,
> A student of mine is just about to complete her master's thesis.
>This project includes a modern-spelling text of John Donne's prose satire
>_Ignatius His Conclave_. It occurred to me that it might be helpful to
>make this text accessible via the Web, ...

The text is currently formatted in
>WORDPERFECT 5.1. Would conversion to HTML be difficult from this format?
>Robert C. (Bob) Evans
>bobevans@strudel.aum.edu

According to Laura Lemay, author of a 7-day HTML learning book,
Wordperfect macros are available to automatically convert your document
to HTML. WPTOHTML is listed as being available from

Also recommended is saving your document in Rich Text Format (RTF),
and converting that to HTML. You didn't say you had DOS or Windows,
but the RTFTOHTM filter is listed as being available from

Larry A. Taylor, <ltaylor@kaiwan.com>. UCLA Computer Science Dept., Ph.D.
candidate <ltaylor@cs.ucla.edu>. Sometimes I do business as North Circle
Software,
13104 Philadelphia St, suite 208, Whitter, CA 90601. Business phone, (310)
698-2739.
Fax (310) 698-8164 if you absolutely have to. CIS 75176,1071.