9.701 copyright

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Sat, 6 Apr 1996 12:29:56 -0500 (EST)

[1] From: Richard Bear <RBEAR@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU> (4)
Subject: Re: 9.696 copyright?

[2] From: Haradda@aol.com (27)

Date: Fri, 05 Apr 1996 16:31:35 -0800 (PST)
From: Richard Bear <RBEAR@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>

Ian's sources are correct; Web publishing is publishing in the eyes of the
law, which is currently heavily weighted to benefit traditional publishing
houses. As there is some variety to the rules of thumb current on what is
or is not safe to copy, I would subject anything after the turn of the century to the scrutiny of a loyal copyright attorney.

rbear