9.621 threat to tenure?

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 19:09:53 -0500 (EST)

Subject: Tenure abolition?

Subject: Tenure eliminated? (fwd)

play or should be playing in the cultural and social assimilation of
computing. Are there any issues hot enough to get us into trouble for
speaking our minds on them? In other words, as computing humanists do we
see any need to defend tenure along the classic lines. What do we have to
be idealistic about? Much, I hope. --WM]

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 09:24:27 -0500
From: Pamela Cohen <pac@rci.rutgers.edu>

[See the following message; contents are identical.]

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 09:29:46 -0500 (EST)
From: "Warren G. Frisina" <wgfrisi@emory.edu>

Greetings all! This seemed alarming enough to warrent wider distribution.

I can't verify any of the facts contained herein, but I would appreciate
hearing from anyone who knows more about the situation.

Warren G. Frisina
Associate Executive Director
American Academy of Religion
1703 Clifton Rd., NE Suite G5