9.460 e-journals refereed

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Sun, 14 Jan 1996 18:51:56 -0500 (EST)

http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist/

[1] From: Tim Krause <tkrause@resume.mdn.com> (23)
Subject: Re: 9.451 e-journals

Gloria Mcmillan wrote:

> My husband is an astronomer and gets both paper and ejournals.
> He says that some ejournals in science *are* as highly thought
> of as the paper kind. Some are identical to the hard copy of the
> same name. Whether identical or not, he says the key to
> quality journals for the sciences is whether they are peer
> reviewed or not.
>
> Is this something applicable for ejournals in the Humanities?

I think this applies equally in Rhetoric and Communications at least
from the perspective of someone who had looked for a place to
publish a rhetorical analysis of ecash: I wanted a peer reviewed
ejournal because I suspected that that would be more highly thought
of than some of the online journals and sites that aren't peer
reviewed. The ejournal I found was Kairos out of RPI; it looks like
they're doing a professional job
(http://english.ttu.edu/kairos/1.1/index.html)

Regards,

Tim Krause