9.437 the fate of young scholars

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Sun, 7 Jan 1996 17:39:17 -0500 (EST)

http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist/

[1] From: MLLMIKEM@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (6)
Subject: Re: 9.433 the fate of young scholars

[2] From: Norm Holland <NNH@NERVM.NERDC.UFL.EDU> (58)

[3] From: "Malcolm Hayward, English, IUP, Indiana PA 15705" (29)

Date: Sat, 06 Jan 1996 07:07:24 -0500 (EST)
From: MLLMIKEM@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu

Maris Roze is right, of course, to point to the situation of younger
scholars yet again. MLA has been voluminously and actively concerned with
their problems for the past 20 years, more actively, I would submit, than
most of the US's academic disciplines because the MLA's areas are pretty
much the canaries in the coal mine of academe. Some of the best thinking
on the topic can be found in the MLA's annual publication "Profession
[year]", especially in "Profession '94". Michael Metzger - Buffalo.