9.397 the OED online & on CD

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Wed, 20 Dec 1995 01:06:45 -0500 (EST)

http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist/

[1] From: Jim Marchand <marchand@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> (5)
Subject: OED2 online

[2] From: "Gregory J. Murphy" (13)
<rejek@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
Subject: OED online

[3] From: B.C.Allan@massey.ac.nz (13)
Subject: Re: 9.391 online OED?

Date: Mon, 19 Dec 95 09:49:06 CST
From: Jim Marchand <marchand@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>

The cheapest I have seen the OED2 CD-ROM is over $800. Many entities,
including universities, have the OED2 online for their members; for example,
my university has it available for faculty and staff of the University of
Illinois, or anyone who has an account. Some libraries have it available.
It might be worth your while to search around for a telnet site nearby.
Jim Marchand.