9.220 Greek & Latin software; copyright

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 00:48:05 -0400 (EDT)

http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist/

[1] From: June Thompson <CTI.Lang@hull.ac.uk> (90)
Subject: Re: 9.215 copyright; Greek & Latin software

[2] From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@vmd.cso.uiuc.edu> (44)
Subject: Re: 9.212 copyright? Mac version of UNIX software?

Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 10:51:48 +0100
From: June Thompson <CTI.Lang@hull.ac.uk>

The query about Greek and Latin software reminds me that Humanist readers
may abe interested to know that the ReCALL Software Guide, listing more than
500 language learning packages, is available from CTI Modern Languages,
along with the other publications listed in the attached documents. We are
also able to search under specific languages, or categories of software, to
find materials suitable for individual teachers' requirements. This latter
service is open free of charge to teachers in the UK higher education
sector, and to members of EUROCALL. Full details from the address below.

Thank you for your enquiry about CTI Centre for Modern Languages
publications. The following describes our publications, how much they cost,
and how to obtain them. This information is also available on our World Wide
Web server at the URL:

http://www.cti.hull.ac.uk

If you would like to be sent a publicity leaflet by post please send me
another email with your full postal address.

ReCALL
======
ISSN 0958-3440

The fully-refereed journal, ReCALL, issued twice a year, contains articles
relating to theoretical debate on language learning strategies and their
influence on practical courseware design and integration, as well as regular
software reviews. ReCALL is sent free of charge to all libraries in UK
Higher Education institutions, and is available by subscription to
individual and corporate members of EUROCALL.

ReCALL back numbers:

* volumes 1-5, 5 pounds sterling per issue
* volume 6, 12 pounds per issue

ReCALL Newsletter
=================
ISSN 1353 1921

The ReCALL Newsletter contains short software reviews and articles, as well
as information about new software and related events and activities. More
than 3,000 copies of the Newsletter are distributed, within the UK only,
free of charge to individual academics, heads of departments, language
centres, libraries, staff development officers and computer centres. It is
also available electronically via Gopher (gopher.hull.ac.uk/11/cti) and
World Wide Web (http://www.cti.hull.ac.uk).

ReCALL Software Guide No 4, 1995
================================
Edited by June Thompson and Jenny Parsons
ISSN 0958-3459

The ReCALL Software Guide lists over 500 packages, giving a brief
description and information about prices and suppliers. Copies are available
free of charge to departments and language centres in the UK higher
education sector. The price to individuals is 15 pounds sterling (EUROCALL
members 12 pounds).

EuroCALL 93 Papers: Emancipation through Learning Technology
ISSN 0360-1315

Selected papers from the EUROCALL 93 conference, University of Hull, 15-17
September 1993. A special double issue of Computers and Education, Vol 23,
No. 1/2, 1994, edited by June Thompson and Graham Chesters. Price 18 pounds
sterling (EUROCALL members 14 pounds).

Language Learning Software Reviews
==================================
Edited by Jenny Parsons

A selection of software reviews, reproduced from ReCALL and other journals,
and divided into sections covering:

* writing aids, dictionaries, databases and translation tools
* self-study, grammar, and other language activities
* authoring packages, concordancers

Price 12 pounds sterling (EUROCALL members 8 pounds)

How to order CTICML publications
================================

ReCALL Newsletter and ReCALL Software Guide
Send an email to me, or write to CTICML at our postal address at the end of
this message.

Other publications
------------------
Please write to us at our postal address enclosing a sterling cheque for the
correct amount payable to the University of Hull, and quoting your EUROCALL
membership No. if appropriate.

We regret that we are unable to accept cheques other than those in sterling.
Requests for invoices must be accompanied by an official order. Invoices
will NOT be issued for publications purchased at the reduced rate.

CTI Centre for Modern Languages
University of Hull
HULL
HU6 7RX

June Thompson
CTI Centre for Modern Languages Tel +44(0)1482 466373
University of Hull Fax +44(0)1482 473816
Hull HU6 7RX, UK Email CTI.Lang@hull.ac.uk