9.204 back issues; loc in Jeffers

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 20:12:00 -0400 (EDT)

http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist

[1] From: cjg@stubbs.ucop.edu (47)
Subject: Re: 9.193 more buyers for back copies?

[2] From: Jim Crosswhite <jcross@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU> (16)
Subject: Jeffers lines

Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 08:34:49 -0700
From: cjg@stubbs.ucop.edu

Sorry, I missed Patrick Connor's post, but let me reply to this one.

The Wladyslaw Poniecki Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation,
involved in Central and Eastern Europe, and, in particular, with libraries
there, who are making the rough transition from command to free-market
economies, at the same time as they are moving from the print to the
digital age.

It has not seemed to be worth while sending back issues of journals to
Libraries without consultation, so the Foundation has created a list of of
several hundred CEE libraries. Any back listed or duplicate items you may
have, we'll be glad to post to the list. If there are libraries in CEE who
express an interest in receiving a donation of a particular set of the
volumes, we can help deliver them to those libraries.

At present, our shipping budget is fairly low, so we'd be pleased to
receive any donations towards shipping expenses, but the most important
offer at this point is to help provide a way for CEE libraries to identify
and express interest in receiving journals you may have.

There isn't any $$$ in such a transaction, but a lot of satisfaction that
the materials would be put to good use.

Chet Grycz

Czeslaw Jan Grycz
The Wladyslaw Poniecki Foundation, Inc.