8.0470 Qs: Listowner's Lives; Def of Humanities (2/45)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Fri, 21 Apr 1995 22:56:36 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0470. Friday, 21 Apr 1995.

(1) Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 21:42:10 -0400 (EDT) (18 lines)
From: Bryn Mawr Reviews <bmr@ccat.sas.upenn.edu>
Subject: the listowner's life

(2) Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 15:01:50 +0100 (BST) (27 lines)
From: "Dr. Mary A. Burke, DepLIS, UCD" <MABURKE@ollamh.ucd.ie>
Subject: Definition of Humanities

Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 21:42:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bryn Mawr Reviews <bmr@ccat.sas.upenn.edu>

As editor of BMCR/BMMR, I see a lot of mail about undeliverable issues,
subscription requests, etc. Today I had a rather testy note from
somebody saying, please let me off this list, I don't even know how I got
here! So I fixed the problem and sent him a note discreetly pointing out
that he must have sent a subscribe message to our server. Here's his reply:

> I am not even sure what your list was all about. I subscribed to the
> Queernation list and then unsubscribed, then the next day started to
> receive your list. Thanks anyway.

A free lifetime subscription to e-BMR to anybody who can figure out how
unsubbing Queernation gets you onto BMR!