8.0249 Ad: Syllabus Press (1/195)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Mon, 10 Oct 1994 23:11:57 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0249. Monday, 10 Oct 1994.

Date: Thu, 6 Oct 1994 15:35:14 -0500
From: syllabus@netcom.com (Syllabus Press)
Subject: SYLLABUS PRESS

Syllabus Press is offering free subscriptions to Syllabus magazine for
qualified academic professionals interested in the use of technology in
education, particularly at the college, university, community college, and
high school levels. Syllabus magazine has an eight-year track record of
covering technology in higher education and is well-known in the academic
community.

The attached announcement further explains the scope of our coverage and
how to qualify for a free subscription. We believe that this information
may interest the members of your list or group. Please consider posting
this announcement, and feel free to forward it to other appropriate groups
or individuals. Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

David Wong
Syllabus Press Circulation

(begin subscription form)

Educators are qualified to receive Syllabus magazine 9 times per year FREE!

Syllabus -The Definitive Technology Magazine for Colleges,
Universities, and High Schools.

Nobody covers technology in education like Syllabus. Nine times a year,
from September through June, Syllabus bring you a wealth of information,
including valuable tips on multimedia, the Internet, distance education,
quantitative tools, products, and educational discounts. Learn what
different educators, researchers, and institutions are doing with a variety
of technologies such as computers, video, telecommunications, and
multimedia.

In 1994-1995 Syllabus will have special feature issues such as software
products for the curriculum, mobile technologies, the Internet and
education, and video technologies. Also, don't miss our special
supplements such as Windows on Campus and Computer Science Product
Companion.

To have Syllabus delivered free to your home or office, nine times a year,
please be sure to completely fill out the information on the form below and
e-mail to syllabus@netcom.com or US mail to:

Syllabus Subscription Services
1307 S. Mary Ave., Suite #211
Sunnyvale, CA 94087

* Please note

Subscriptions in the U.S. are free.
Canadian and Mexican subscriptions are $24.00 a year
International subscriptions are $75.00 a year

To help us better serve the needs of readers, please answer all of the
following questions:

o Yes, I want a FREE subscription to Syllabus.*
o No, I do not wish to subscribe at this time.

Name ___________________________________________________

Title____________________________________________________

Institution _____________________________________________

1. Please tell us about where your work. (select only one)
(1) o 2-year college
(2) o 4-year college or university
(3) o Vocational/technical college
(4) o High school
(5) o School district
(6) o Other organization involved in educational technology

(please specify)

2. Please tell us about your work. (select only one)

Higher Education Faculty Members
(a) o Arts/Humanities/Social Sciences
(b) o Business
(c) o Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics
(d) o Science/Medicine
(e) o Other Discipline

(please specify)

(f) o Library
(g) o Department Chair
Technology
(h) o Administrative computing/MIS
(i) o Academic computing/technology
(j) o Campus reseller
(k) o Computer support
(l) o Other

(please specify)

Administrative
(m) o Administrative staff
(n) o Executive officer/Director
(o) o Dean
(p) o Purchasing personnel
(q) o Other

(please specify)

High Schools and School Districts
(r) o Computer coordinator
(s) o Computer lab supervisor
(t) o Other technology function

(please specify)

(u) o Department chair
(v) o Media
(w) o District level administration
(x) o High school teacher

(discipline)

3. What type of desktop computers do you currently use in your
institution?(check all that apply)
(1) o IBM or compatible
(2) o Macintosh
(3) o Workstation
(4) o Other

(please specify)

4. What type of operating system do you use? (check all that apply)
(1) o Windows v3.xx
(2) o Mac System 7.xx
(3) o MS DOS
(4) o UNIX
(5) o Other

(please specify)

5. Which of the following technology products or equipment are you
involved in purchasing? (check all that apply)

(A) o Productivity software
(B) o Multimedia software
(C) o Utility software
(D) o Math & statistics software
(E) o Computer upgrades/expansion cards
(F) o Networking/communications software/hardware
(G) o Audio/visual hardware
(H) o Visualization/graphics products
(I) o Educational content/information software
(J) o Personal/desktop computers
(K) o Printers
(L) o Laptop computers
(M) o Workstations