8.0204 Rs: The Language of Humanist (3/53)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Wed, 21 Sep 1994 11:59:15 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0204. Wednesday, 21 Sep 1994.

(1) Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 08:29:05 +0100 (CET) (24 lines)
From: Gerard Baltussen <G.A.A.Baltussen@UBU.RUU.NL>
Subject: RE: 8.0197 The Language of Humanist (1/10)

(2) Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 11:47:55 +0100 (16 lines)
From: viden@trubaduren.hum.gu.se
Subject: The Language of Humanist

(3) Date: Wed, 21 Sep 94 08:25 PDT (13 lines)
From: "Robert S. Kirsner" <IDT1RSK@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
Subject: (COPY) 8.0197 The Language of Humanist

Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 08:29:05 +0100 (CET)
From: Gerard Baltussen <G.A.A.Baltussen@UBU.RUU.NL>

===
Generally this looks like a good idea, but as there are so many different
languages around the world, I personally think the only way to communicate
will be by using one language. As for which language this will have to be
you can suggest a list of them for different reasons: Chinese because many
people use the language, although not yet on the Internet, or even Esperanto
for being a choise for nobody's own benifit.
On the whole I'd say let's keep using English as our 'lingua franca'.
Contributions in other languages can be put on this and other lists, but
will have a less widespread audiance than the English-language
contributions.

Gerard Baltussen
G. Baltussen *
Utrecht University Library *
Wittevrouwenstraat 7-11 *
3512 CS Utrecht *
tel: 030-536576 * You can't always get what you want!
fax: 030-539292 *
e-mail: g.baltussen@ubu.ruu.nl *