8.0196 Rs: Lays of Ancient ROM: Books in Print; CDROMs (3/47)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Fri, 16 Sep 1994 17:53:05 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0196. Friday, 16 Sep 1994.

(1) Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 20:59:10 -0400 (EDT) (23 lines)
From: "David M. Seaman" <dms8f@etext.lib.virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: 8.0191 Rs: Q and A on The Lays of Ancient ROM

(2) Date: 15 Sep 94 15:37:00 PST (9 lines)
From: "BarryM.Dank " <CASE@beach1.csulb.edu>
Subject: RE: 8.0192 Rs: Books in Print Online

(3) Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 19:02:06 -0400 (EDT) (15 lines)
From: SCHOCHET@ZODIAC.BITNET
Subject: cd rom

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 20:59:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: "David M. Seaman" <dms8f@etext.lib.virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: 8.0191 Rs: Q and A on The Lays of Ancient ROM (2/32)

>> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 14:31:03 -0400 (EDT)
>> From: "Warren G. Frisina" <wgfrisi@unix.cc.emory.edu>
>> Subject: Re: 8.0186 The Lays of Ancient ROM (1/162)
>>
>> Is the Economist text that was attached to the message described by the
>> above subject heading currently in public domain, and can it be reprinted
>> in learned society newsletters?

No -- it is absolutely not in the public domain -- it is a copyrighted
article and the owner is The Economist. I went through the
procedures necessary to secure permission to put the article on a Web
site at Virginia, but in extending this courtesy the copyright holder
is not giving up intellectual or commercial rights to the material.

David Seaman
Electronic Text Center
University of Virginia
etext@virginia.edu