8.0193 Q: Tenure Codes (1/15)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Thu, 15 Sep 1994 17:23:38 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0193. Thursday, 15 Sep 1994.

Date: 09/14/94 18:26:28
From: Tzvee Zahavy <MAIC@VM1.SPCS.UMN.EDU>
Subject: Tenure code question

A tenure code at a major university stipulates that one of
the grounds for termination of tenure is:
"Unprofessional conduct which severely impairs a faculty member's
fitness in a professional capacity."
I need to know what cases my colleagues believe would come under this
rubric. I have much more than a passing interest in this question.
Please respond to me personally. If you know of other lists that
might provide access to a wider academic readership, please bring
them to my attention. Thanks for the help. Tzvee.
Bitnet: MAIC@UMINN1 Internet: MAIC@VM1.SPCS.UMN.EDU
Land-Mail: University of Minnesota
2717 Lynn Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55416
ÿÿ g Tenure code question A