7.0592 Q: Multimedia in Teaching (1/18)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Wed, 30 Mar 1994 22:33:21 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0592. Wednesday, 30 Mar 1994.

Date: Wed, 30 Mar 1994 13:06:51 -0400
From: "Ronald Tetreault English/Dalhousie Univ." <TETRO@ac.dal.ca>
Subject: Multimedia in Teaching

I would enjoy seeing a discussion among us Humanists about the impact of
computer technology on our teaching. What I would most welcome just now is to
hear from folks with experience using Interactive Multimedia in their classes.

Perhaps some Classicists out there would be willing to share tales of the joys
and sorrows of using Perseus, for example. Has anyone tried using Metropolis,
the system for Historians that was reviewed here recently? How about software
for Theatre and Drama courses? And does anyone know anything about The
Literature Navigator, or any other hypermedia that could be used for English
(or American) Lit?

Finally, who among us might be interested in developing such material for
future application? Let us hear about your project, so we can get some idea
of what to expect in the classroom of the future.

Ronald Tetreault Halifax, Nova Scotia
Department of English CANADA
Dalhousie University "the college by the sea"