7.0534 Qs: Numbers Redux; PHI; Israeli Crisis (3/52)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Tue, 1 Mar 1994 23:25:42 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0534. Tuesday, 1 Mar 1994.

(1) Date: Tue, 1 Mar 94 18:22:18 EST (31 lines)
From: Eric Rabkin <USERGDFD@UMICHUM.BITNET>
Subject: What do you call...?

(2) Date: Tue, 1 Mar 94 14:31+0000 (14 lines)
From: F.Heberlein@KU-EICHSTAETT.D400.DE
Subject: Searching the PHI 5 CD

(3) Date: Tue, 1 Mar 94 00:09 CST (7 lines)
From: Michael Ossar <MLO@KSUVM>
Subject: Israeli crisis

Date: Tue, 1 Mar 94 18:22:18 EST
From: Eric Rabkin <USERGDFD@UMICHUM.BITNET>

My sincere apologies, fellow HUMANISTS. I see that I sleepily
wrote the following:
> Date: Fri, 25 Feb 94 17:12:24 EST
> From: Eric Rabkin <USERGDFD@UMICHUM.BITNET>
> Subject: What do you call...?
>
> One, two, three, etc. are cardinal numbers.
> First, second, third, etc. are ordinal numbers.
> I have been unable to locate a name for the series first, second,
> third, etc. Does anyone know a name for this? Also, does anyone
> know any further terms in the series? I've already looked in
> the obvious places so I thought HUMANIST would be the right
> place to look next.
>
> Eric
>
> Eric Rabkin esrabkin@umich.edu
> Department of English esrabkin@umichum.bitnet
> University of Michigan office : 313-764-2553
> Ann Arbor MI 48109-1045 dept : 313-764-6330
> deptl fax : 313-763-3128
> voice msgs: 313-763-3130

What I _meant_ to be asking about was the series "once,
twice, thrice." What's it called? What comes next?
Please excuse this double posting caused by a braino.
Eric