7.0411 More comments on advertising (2/31)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Fri, 14 Jan 1994 18:02:47 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0411. Friday, 14 Jan 1994.

(1) Date: Thu, 13 Jan 94 09:53:02 -0500 (15 lines)
From: cedwards@acs.bu.edu (Christopher Edwards)
Subject: Re: 7.0397 Advertising on Humanist (1/27)

(2) Date: 12 Jan 1994 19:21:06 -0500 (CDT) (16 lines)
From: MCSWAIN@Acd.Tusk.Edu

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 94 09:53:02 -0500
From: cedwards@acs.bu.edu (Christopher Edwards)

I join the chorus of people who were irked by the Strangelove ad. As
a former member of the "Industrial Fiction" (Advertising and Public
Relations) community, I am particularly irritated. I consider any form
of advertising -- including rhetoric about the virtues of advertising on
the Internet -- to be contrary to the spirit of Internet and scholarly
communications. Any more chorus members out there?

--Chris Edwards
cedwards@acs.bu.edu

Grrrr from me too.