7.0330 Rs: Myth; Bibliographic S/W; Wired (3/77)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Sun, 5 Dec 1993 12:41:39 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0330. Sunday, 5 Dec 1993.

(1) Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1993 18:20:52 -0500 (EST) (23 lines)
From: mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca (W. McCarty)
Subject: references works for classical myths

(2) Date: Sat, 04 Dec 93 12:54:29 MST (22 lines)
From: Terry Butler <TBUTLER@UALTAVM>
Subject: Re: Bibliographic software experiences

(3) Date: Sun, 05 Dec 93 15:24:43 MEZ (32 lines)
From: <SMTP@AWIUNI11.EDVZ.UniVie.AC.AT>
Subject: Wired

Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1993 18:20:52 -0500 (EST)
From: mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca (W. McCarty)

Don Fowler's news is welcome. I still use Lemprie\re, Classical
Dictionary of Proper Names mentioned in Ancient Authors (1788), which
is out of copyright and available in various reprintings -- for some
things. Here's an interesting opportunity for someone: an electronic
text of Lemprie\re, with at least headwords and sources tagged, could
be put online legally, used by students everywhere. The type in the edn.
I have & those I have seen could not be scanned easily with the usual
commercial software, such as OmniPage Pro. But perhaps Type Reader
could do it, or something better.

A collaborative project, perhaps?

WM

Willard McCarty / Centre for Computing in the Humanities
University of Toronto / mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca