7.0266 S/W Update: Timelines on the Mac (1/35)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Thu, 21 Oct 1993 14:27:05 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0266. Thursday, 21 Oct 1993.

Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1993 16:17:55 -0500
From: wall@cc.swarthmore.edu (Matthew Wall)
Subject: Info on Timeline software for the Mac

Thanks to Lynne Bolduc of MIT for the initial lead on this, and to a
modestly intelligent AT+T operator for figuring out what I meant when I
called directory assistance.

A company called Tom Snyder Productions makes two products, MacTimeline and
Chronos, that generate timelines. I'm told that since they specialize in
K-12 Timeline might be too 'elementary' for Higher Ed, but that Chronos can
do all sorts of things, such as attach sounds, graphics, etc. to the
generated timeline.

They have prices for lab packs ($209 and $499 for Timeline and Chronos
respectively), site licenses, and reasonable single copy prices ($70 and
$170) that can be applied to the lab packs or site licenses; reasonable,
that is, if it's useful software. We'll see...They will ship 30-day
approval copies via phone order.

I've ordered up trial copies and will report back to Humanist with an
evaluation since there was modest interest at my query. Sorry if this is
redundant, I don't recall this coming up recently.

Directory info:

617-926-6000
Tom Snyder Productions
80 Coolidge Hill Rd.
Watertown MA 02172

- Matt

Matthew Wall * wall@cc.swarthmore.edu * Swarthmore College
Humanities Coordinator * Swarthmore, PA 19081 * 215-328-8506