7.0249 Perspective (1/34)
Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Mon, 18 Oct 1993 10:19:16 EDT
Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0249. Monday, 18 Oct 1993.
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1993 23:03:40 -0500 (EDT)
From: email@example.com (W. McCarty)
The following was found on a colleague's door in the dept. of Near
Eastern Studies here. It certainly helps to put the godlike behaviour
of our colleagues in perspective, and perhaps to ameliorate those
Why God Never Received Tenure at the University
1. Because He had only one major publication.
2. And it was in Hebrew.
3. And it had no references.
4. And it wasn't published in a refereed journal.
5. And some even doubt He wrote it himself.
6. It may be true that He created the world but what has He
published/done since ?
7. His cooperative efforts have been quite limited.
8. The scientific community has had a very rough time
trying to repeat His results.
Centre for Computing in the Humanities
University of Toronto