7.0188 EASI List Access (1/43)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Tue, 14 Sep 1993 17:28:04 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0188. Tuesday, 14 Sep 1993.

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1993 15:48:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: Prof Norm Coombs <NRCGSH@RITVAX.BITNET>
Subject: EASI has moved its email discussion list

EASI" Equal Access to Software and Information

EASI has moved its email discussion list to the listserve machine at St.
Johns University. It is now open to public subscriptions. To join send email
listserv@sjuvm.bitnet or listserv@sjuvm.stjohns.edu
Leave the subject blank and for the text input:
sub easi "Yourfirstname Yourlastname"

So what is EASI and why might you want to be on its public email discussion
list?

Our mission is to serve as a resource primarily to the education
community by providing information and guidance in the area of access-
to-information technologies by persons with disabilities. We are
dedicated to staying informed about developments and advancements
within the adaptive computer technology field and to spreading that
information to schools, colleges, universities and into the workplace.

Our membership is comprised of people from a wide range of
schools, colleges, universities, businesses and other institutions.
They include computing staff, disabled student services staff, faculty,
administrators, vendors, representatives of professional associations,
private consultants, heads of both non-profit and profit organizations
and companies for people with disabilities. Students are also
encouraged to join EASI

EASI has created a number of useful publications related to
disability access to computing and information technology. They can be
found by anonymous ftp at um.cc.umich.edu or by gopher from the St. Johns
gopher menu. Any major gopher that lists most New York State gophers will get
you into St. Johns.

We want to be a place where knowledgeable people on adaptive computing
can serve to reach others and where anyone with questions can write and see if
someone on the list has info or experience relevant to that question. There is
a lot we do not know, but we are eager to learn and equally eager to share.

Norman Coombs nrcgsh@ritvax.isc.rit.edu