7.0096 Rs: Library Privileges (2/55)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Tue, 20 Jul 1993 19:02:57 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0096. Tuesday, 20 Jul 1993.

(1) Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1993 22:13:48 -0500 (EDT) (15 lines)
From: mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca (W. McCarty)
Subject: thinking ahead

(2) Date: 15 Jul 1993 07:53:50 -0600 (MDT) (40 lines)
From: DIANA PATTERSON <DPATTERSON@mtroyal.ab.ca>
Subject: Library Access Privileges (was Cambridge)

Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1993 22:13:48 -0500 (EDT)
From: mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca (W. McCarty)

Mr. Graham of Rutgers, in his response to my request for assistance on
behalf of a friend, is of course correct: one should plan ahead.
Libraries must protect their collections, even access to which is a
privilege we tend to take for granted. The fame of the Cambridge
library, widely known for its ease of access, and our own liberal
policies here at Toronto, perhaps misled my friend. To the others
who were able to see beyond his error and offer helpful advice
I offer my thanks.

Willard McCarty