7.0086 Rs: Darwin (3/75)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Fri, 9 Jul 1993 12:56:47 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0086. Friday, 9 Jul 1993.

(1) Date: Wed, 7 Jul 93 08:45:26 CST (12 lines)
From: "Jim Marchand" <marchand@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Darwin quote

(2) Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1993 11:25:50 -0800 (48 lines)
From: <goodrich@leland.stanford.edu> (Tom Goodrich)
Subject: Re: 7.0083 Text Qs: Darwin

(3) Date: 8 Jul 93 23:36:02 GMT (15 lines)
From: johnstonj@attmail.com (James Johnston )

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 93 08:45:26 CST
From: "Jim Marchand" <marchand@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>

The quote Mike is seeking is in Origin of the Species, Chapter I, part 1,
"Effects of Habit and of the Use or Disuse of Parts; Correlated Variation;
Inheritance." There are several CD-ROMs which have the Origin of the
Species on them, e.g. Desktop Library (Walnut Creek); Great Literature
(Bureau Development); Desktop BookShop (Unica; The CD-ROM Source); Library
of the Future (World Library) and others. I have an idea it may be
available by ftp (from Online Book Initiative ?).
Jim Marchand.