7.0027 CFP: WSECS '94 (1/67)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Wed, 26 May 1993 14:29:08 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0027. Wednesday, 26 May 1993.

Date: Mon, 24 May 93 08:18:53 -0700
From: cwalton@nevada.edu
Subject: WSECS CALL FOR PAPERS

Dear Humanist List Colleagues: we would like to share with you the following
invitation; as panels, musical and dramatic performances and other details
begin to emerge, we shall contact you again in mid-summer:

CALL FOR PAPERS

"Providence & Probability,

Chaos and Order:

Eighteenth Century Views"

Conference of the Western Society for Eighteenth Century Studies

University of Nevada, Las Vegas

FEBRUARY 18-19-20, 1994

Our topic ranges across moral and natural philosophy, mathematics and the
natural

sciences, criticism, the arts, emerging themes in social as well as theological
studies, dark corners

as well as bright prospects of eighteenth century cultures in North, Central and
South America,

Europe, the Levant and Asia. We especially invite papers treating aspects of
our theme among

the peoples then living in what is now the southwestern United States. However,
and as usual,

the Program Committee will consider all papers submitted, on whatever topics are
deemed of

interest to those responding. Submit proposals, limited to one page, no later
than September

15, 1993, to:

James Malek, Program Committee Chair

College of Liberal Arts