7.0024 Plea for Support: UCSB Humanities Computing (1/31)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Fri, 21 May 1993 11:35:28 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0024. Friday, 21 May 1993.

Date: Thu, 20 May 93 10:23:15 PDT
From: hcf1dahl@UCSBUXA.BITNET (Eric Dahlin)
Subject: Plea for support

Fellow Humanists:

The University of California is undergoing another
budget crisis, and administrators here at UCSB have
indicated that it is a very real possibility that the
Humanities Computing Facility here will be closed.

Messages of concern and support for our position that
the HCF provides an important service to the humanities
computing community worldwide through its publishing
of _REACH_ and the _ACH Newsletter_ will be deeply
appreciated.

Please send any replies to my e-mail address below.
I will forward them to the appropriate individuals.

Messages may be addressed to:

Llad Phillips, Acting Provost
College of Letters and Science
University of California, Santa Barbara