6.0684 As: Early Modern Conference; Grad Assistantships (2/48)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Wed, 28 Apr 1993 18:31:48 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0684. Wednesday, 28 Apr 1993.

(1) Date: Mon, 26 Apr 93 12:22 CDT (24 lines)
From: Richard Barney <AA3727@UOKMVSA.BITNET>
Subject: Early Modern Conference

(2) Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1993 20:07 CST (24 lines)
From: Ted Hansen <G00050@MSUS1>
Subject: Announcement: Graduate Assistantships available

Date: Mon, 26 Apr 93 12:22 CDT
From: Richard Barney <AA3727@UOKMVSA.BITNET>

As you probably know, I issued a call for papers in February for the
conference next October 8-10 entitled "Early Modern Culture, 1492-1848." Since
the response we've received has been enthusiastic, and since some people have
mentioned that they need more time given the end of term, the organizers have
just extended the deadline from May 1 to MAY 10, 1993. Since the conference
center at the University of Oklahoma needs a head count by then, we can't
extend it any further. But if time is still a factor, just send a statement of
topic to Lennard Davis, after which you can submit a full-fledged abstract.
As a reminder, your proposals should go to:

Lennard Davis
Department of English 607-777-2754
SUNY at Binghamton FAX: 607-777-2408
Binghamton, NY 13902 E-mail (bitnet): davis@bingvaxa