6.0675 Summer School: Philosophy and AI (1/59)
Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Thu, 15 Apr 1993 14:52:18 EDT
Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0675. Thursday, 15 Apr 1993.
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 93 10:06:50 GMT
From: ROBERTO POLI <POLI@ITNCISTI>
Subject: summer school
Istituto mitteleuropeo di cultura - Mitteleurop ischesKulturinstitut
BOLZANO INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOLS
IN PHILOSOPHY AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
What is a form?
School in philosophy directed by Liliana Albertazzi
July 5-9, 1993
Alfred Zimmer (Regensburg), What is a Form?
Ivor Grattan Guinness (London), Forms of Mathematics
Jean Petitot (Paris), Phenomenological Descriptions and
Geoffrey Simmons (Hamburg), Perception: Where Language and Vision
Notes for applicants:
1. People wishing to participate should submit their curriculum
vitae and a short statement of interest (about 1 page) to the
2. Applications should arrive by May 31th.
3. Notification of acceptance will be given by June 10th.
1. Attendance to the school will be limited to about 30
2. Registration costs: 50,000 Italian Liras (30 US $).
3. A hotel list will be sent upon notification of acceptance.
4. Each speaker will give 5 lectures, with ample time for
5. All lectures will be in English.
6. The lectures will be given in the congress centre of Park Hotel
Laurin (Laurin street, 3), starting July 5, at 9 a.m.
7. A small number of boursaries are available to qualified
students to meet the costs of participation.
Is you wish to take part in the summer school please write to
Liliana Albertazzi, Dipartimento di Teoria, storia e ricerca
sociale, via Verdi 26, 38100 Trento (call: (Italy)-461-881403;
fax: (Italy)-461-881440), or send an e-mail message to poli @itncisti.bitnet.