6.0664 Plebiscite (1/56)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Fri, 9 Apr 1993 16:33:27 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0664. Friday, 9 Apr 1993.

Date: Wed, 7 Apr 93 11:25:39 WST
From: Gregg=Boalch%IS=Staff%CURTIN@ba1.curtin.edu.au
Subject: re: Plebiscit

Received the following this morning - an imaginitive use of E-Mail don't you
think ???

From: Manoel Araujo Filho <maafilho@CAT.CCE.USP.BR>
Subject: Plebiscit
To: Multiple recipients of list ALBION-L <ALBION-
L%UCSBVM.BITNET@pucc.Princeton.EDU>

The School of the Future
of University of Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Project "Rede-Guri" (Young People's Network)

PROJECT PLEBISCITE

Coordinated by Teachers Manoel Araujo Filho, Flavio Jorge Ferreira
e Franco Antonio Catena.

On 21 April, 1993, all eligible voters throughout Brazil will take
part in a plebiscite to choose which form of government the people
wish to have. Thres choices are possibles: presidential,
parlimentary end monarchy.

We are organizing a discution forum for young people who wish to
manifest their opinions and put forth argumente for and against
any of stablished choices. We would be very grateful if primary
and secondary school students, and teachers aroud the world who
receive this message, could send us their opinions so as to enrich
the local discussion. Replica should come to us an quickly as
possible because the discussion will go " on the air" from 10
April to 15 April. Please also forward our request for
participation educational instituitions and interested persons you
know. The questions are:

1. What is the form or system of government in your country?
2. How long has this system existed in your country?
3. In your opinion, what are the positive points of this kind of
government?
4. In your opinion, what are the negative points of this kind of
government?
5. What message would you like to send to the studants of Brazil
concerning the plebiscite to be held on 21 April 1993?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation, and be assured that we
will send the result of the discussion to all who participated.

The coordinators
cc: Fredric Michael Litto