6.0650 Teaching: Metaphysics and Epistemology (1/28)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Tue, 6 Apr 1993 11:22:45 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0650. Tuesday, 6 Apr 1993.

Date: 3 Apr 93 16:33 -0700
From: Paul Herman <herman@fvc.bc.ca>
Subject: Teaching second year metaphysics and epistemology

Next Fall, I will teach a second year metaphysics and epistemology
course, the first time my college has offered this course in over a
decade. I would like to use original sources as well as a good text
that introduces students to serious study of contemporary issues and
positions.

If possible, I would also like to use feminist and multicultural
material. For example, I am considering having students do
presentations on various non-traditional (i.e., non-Western European,
non-male) approaches to classic problems; obviously, that presupposes
students having some grasp of traditional approaches.

Any recommendations for texts and readings, copies of course syllabi,
assignments, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Please reply to me directly or to the list if you think it appropriate.
If interest is expressed, I will summarize back to the list or to
individuals who request it.

My apologies for cross-posting this message to several lists in hopes of
receiving a wide response.

Thanks very much for any help.

Paul Herman, HERMAN@FVC.BC.CA
Department of Philosophy
University-College of the Fraser Valley,
British Columbia, Canada