6.0641 Qs: Signatures; Menu S/W; 18c HyperCard; Printer (4/73)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Fri, 2 Apr 1993 15:44:20 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0641. Friday, 2 Apr 1993.

(1) Date: 1 Apr 93 19:56:44 EST (19 lines)
From: "David A. Hoekema" <DHOEKEMA@legacy.Calvin.EDU>
Subject: A general request

(2) Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1993 20:50:53 -0500 (23 lines)
From: mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca (W. McCarty)
Subject: menu software

(3) Date: Fri, 02 Apr 93 09:22:40 EDT (13 lines)
From: Scott Stebelman <SCOTTLIB@GWUVM>
Subject: 18th Century HyperCard Materials

(4) Date: Fri, 2 Apr 93 15:23:20 -0500 (18 lines)
From: gxs11@po.CWRU.Edu (Gary Stonum)
Subject: buying a printer in the US, to use in Europe

Date: 1 Apr 93 19:56:44 EST
From: "David A. Hoekema" <DHOEKEMA@legacy.Calvin.EDU>

May I make a general request that contributors to this list include a
signature with their name (the one is common use by colleagues and friends,
not the one used by their host system) and institutional or other location.
On most e-mail systems it is quite easy to create a standard signature line
or lines containing the relevant info; consult a local consultant for help.
E-mail postmarks are even less informative than Postal Service marks (which
themselves have dropped local identifiers, in the US); I puzzled for a while
over where "Oz" was in a recent message concerning paper sizes, until I
noticed the ".au" suffix indicating Australia. I think some users of e-mail
are under the mistaken impression that clear identifiers are attached to
their outgoing messages: to test this, send a message to yourself.

|| David Hoekema, Academic Dean, Calvin College (Grand Rapids MI 49546) ||
|| tel. 616 957-6442 || fax 616 957-8551 || <dhoekema@calvin.edu> ||