6.0611 Qs: Scanner; Lists (2/38)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Mon, 22 Mar 1993 14:25:54 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0611. Monday, 22 Mar 1993.

(1) Date: Sun, 21 Mar 93 14:22 EST (25 lines)
From: A BROOK <A_BROOK@carleton.ca>
Subject: Scanner Problem

(2) Date: Mon, 22 Mar 93 04:44:12 EST (13 lines)
From: PERICLES@TEMPLEVM
Subject: a) Joyce; b) Stevens/Williams

Date: Sun, 21 Mar 93 14:22 EST
From: A BROOK <A_BROOK@carleton.ca>

We would like to be able to use our scanner (Logitech Scanman 32) with out
notebooks (IBM N51); it would be the ideal combination for library research.
However, the Scanman requires a half-size expansion card and the notebook
won't take such a thing, of course. I am sure others have confronted and
solved a similar problem. I'd welcome any ideas. So far, Logitech has
suggested a plug-in that lets one use the scanner through the parallel port
and IBM thinks there is a case one can buy that will take expansion cards
but the person I talked to could not find it in his catalogue. The latter
suggestion is clearly worth pursuing further, but in the meantime I thought
(oops) I'd tapped the collective wisdom.

fc
rr
c:
Andrew Brook, Director,
Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
Carleton University, OTTAWA, Canada K1S 5B6
Ph: (613) 788-3597. E-mail: A_Brook@Carleton.CA

(excuse the funny extras)