6.0445 More Qs: WordCruncher; Quote; OCR; Rel. Order (4/102)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Thu, 21 Jan 1993 15:58:41 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0445. Thursday, 21 Jan 1993.

(1) Date: Mon, 18 Jan 93 00:03:21 ITA (18 lines)
From: maurizio lana <LANA@ITOCSIVM.CSI.IT>
Subject: is WordCruncher dead?

(2) Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1993 10:53:53 -0500 (31 lines)
From: warkent@epas.utoronto.ca (Germaine Warkentin)
Subject: Quote needed quickly!

(3) Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1993 18:26 MET (22 lines)
From: RVHORIK@rulcr1.LeidenUniv.nl
Subject: Request for information

(4) Date: 20 Jan 93 16:28:18 CST (31 lines)
From: CBEARD@prime.mhsl.uab.edu
Subject: Order of the Passion of Jesus Christ

Date: Mon, 18 Jan 93 00:03:21 ITA
From: maurizio lana <LANA@ITOCSIVM.CSI.IT>

In the review of the italian section (if I can say so) of PC-SIG (sort of a
distribution of PD and shareware software) I saw announced, at 11.000 lire
each (less than 10 dollars), two disks containing WordCruncher Index and WordCr
uncher View.
I wonder if this means that WordCruncher is dead and Johnston and Company (the
US distributor) is out of business (I tried the fax number they gave last year,
but the fax machine says: NO CARRIER).
If anyone has any news (I'd like to get the announced WordCruncher 5.0 for Wind
ows), I'd like to know. Please, if you answer on the list, CC: your message to
me: these days I read lists mail not regularly. Many thanks.
Maurizio

MAURIZIO LANA | E-MAIL: LANA@ITOCSIVM.BITNET | phone & fax 39-11-837262
CISI - Universita' di Torino - V. S. Ottavio 20 - 10124 Torino Italy